Spring is upon us in the Southern Hemisphere and Autumn approaches in the North. Perfect time for an Equinox cleanse to help you along in the coming months.
3 meals a day
What you need to do are 3 meals a day and no snacks!
During your cleanse, your goal is to teach your body how to
enter and maintain fat metabolism. A great way to kick start this process is to eat three meals a day, without snacking in between.
My doing this you give your body a chance to run out of its normal fuel, which is for most people is carbohydrates – and switch to a more nourishing, more stable, detoxifying fuel of its own body fat.
Key for success
The key to success with this is to make lunch the largest meal of the day. During lunch, make sure you take time to sit and relax and remove all distractions. This helps you feel satisfied and not to overeat.
From there, you can aim for a lighter, smaller, and earlier
supper. Don’t stress too much, as stress and strain cause the body
to store fat rather than burn it.
The foods you need to avoid
- Important: Avoid all foods with fat, such as oil, butter, avocado, nuts, and seeds or dairy and fatty meat or fish.
- Avoid grains as they slow down you’re cleansing.
- Pickles, vinegar, and alcohol.
- Avoid soy (including tofu, tempeh, miso, edamame). Avoid raw, uncooked vegetables and cold drinks, cold foods, and caffeine.
- Avoid white sugar, honey, and alcohol
- Avoid spicy foods.
Kitchari a soothing, nourishing ayurvedic dish will deliver all you need to cleanse. Here you will find a process and recipe to follow to make this delicious food. Kitchari Cleanse
North Hemisphere : Tuesday 22nd September 2020
Southern Hemisphere : Wednesday 23rd September 2020