If true health comes from your gut it’s a good idea to spend a little time working on ways to improve this integral part of your body.
Here are 5 easy things you can do to improve your gut health.
- Hydrate – Essential part of digestion is being hydrated. Constipation is usually down to lack of water. So keep everything moving well by drinking your water. Try using lemon, mint, ginger or perhaps rosemary to make it taste more interesting. Plus your get the benefit of those ingredients.
- ACV – other wise known as Apple Cider Vinegar. You need raw ACV with mother (which are naturally occurring yeasts). Once exposed to the air the ACV will over time become cloudy and fermented. This is fine to drink and what you want. It’s alive! Dilute 2 tablespoons in filter water and drink first thing in the am or when you can as it promotes healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Chew – Yes I know you’ve be told before but this is crucial to digestion. Simple! Chew well, especially carbs as the digestive enzyme amylase is utilised in your saliva by chewing. Also it can reduces the amount you can eat by slowing you down- recognising the sign that you have had enough to eat which stops you over eating and becoming bloated.
- Probiotic – Take a probiotic such as Prescript Assist. This is a soil based probiotic supplements is based on the theory that humans evolved in an environment in which they were repeatedly exposed to bacteria found in the soil. I use this daily and have found it really beneficial. Wise to get tested first to see if it is suitable as I have found some of my celiac clients don’t do well on it.
- Sauerkraut – Try a spoonful each meal. Raw naturally fermented vegetables particularly cabbage are teaming with health boosting friendly bacteria. A little every day is a great help to your inner microcosm. I use it on poached eggs in the am with a clove of black garlic and a spoonful into a delicious soup for lunch, it real compliments most meals. Click here for more info
So easy to do at least 2 of these tips to feel an improvement and if you mange all 5….well your laughing!