People often ask me ‘How can I improve my health?’. Well as many of you know there is no quick fix, but changing just a few things can make a huge impact. Here’s 5 quick under a minute things your can do that will help.
1. Shoes off. It is estimated that there is over 420,000 units of bacteria on our shoes! This ranges from plain odd nasty and potentially deadly E Coli, which is responsible for food poisoning symptoms such as abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, severe anaemia to possible kidney failure to Klebsiella bacteria which can cause pneumonia. Pop them off at the door.
2. Brush your tongue. Firstly it can help reduce bad breathe but secondly bacteria gathers in the mouth particularly F.nucleatum bacteria which causes gum disease. Another tip is to oil pull but that takes more than a minute but is very worth while. The other good practice is to clean your teeth first thing in the mornings (not after breakfast – but by all means do that too) so you remove the bacteria that has gather through the night. It’s always surprised me how many people don’t do this.
3. Stand up desk. I’ve been doing this for a long time now and rarely sit at my computer. It’s easier to walk away from and get a break from the radiation emitting from the screen. The other health benefits just from standing and moving about at your desk is that it helps burn calories, strengthens core which reduces back pain and from an employers point of view, it boosts productivity considerably. Standing desk hub can tell you more. Simple and yet so effective.
4. Breathe. In through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 5 and breathe out for 5 through your nose. Repeat several times. It reduces stress, centres you, oxygenates your blood support your body. Add a hand mudra- thumb and first finger touching, remaining palm open, brings better awareness and energy to you. Om………
5. Vitamin D. If you don’t live in a sunny spot take Vitamin D. This crucial vitamin is key to so many functions of the body such as making bones stronger, reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s, reduces chances of developing the flu, decreases your chance of developing heart disease and much more. I personally take 4000iu daily. I find this is the correct level for me. Get tested by a qualified practitioner like myself to find your perfect level. Taken daily, it is the essential all year round supplement and especially now with winter approaching.